Thursday, October 4, 2012

My version of Splatter Paint Nails

I found this awesome tutorial for cute nails in the September issue of Seventeen Magazine. Yes I know, I'm way past the age of 17 but I still enjoy this magazine!
 

 It's titled Neon Splatter and here are the directions and what they're suppose to look like.

And here is my result. They don't exactly look the same and they might look kind of messy up close but I actually liked them.
 

I didn't have all the supplies or colors they asked for so I improvised. Instead of a bright neon color for the base I used Wet n Wild's 204B Private Viewing, which is a very nice light almost natural skin color pink. Did that make any sense? Hahaha. I guess describing colors is not my talent.


For the splatters I used Sally Hansen Nail Art Pens in the colors yellow and green. I also used Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Coral Reef 4860-66. And lastly I used Wet n Wild Wild Shine in Bijou Blue 443D. I just did random marks, splats and dots. I topped it off with Sally Hansen no chip Acrylic Top Coat.


I liked the results. I got compliments and they actually looked like I had confetti all over my nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment