Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Golden Birthday!

This past October 10th was my Natalie's Golden Birthday! 10-10 and she turned 10. I can't believe she's two years away from joining Young Woman's.
 
The morning started off early. She woke up to a living room ceiling covered in balloons. (sorry no picture)
 
We got her a birthday card and a new pair of pjs for her slumber party later that week.



Then she ate her birthday pancakes. She actually let me do her hair, she always wants to wear it loose. My mom calls her "her little hippie girl" cause she always has her crazy hair down. I just love that smile!


Later that week on Friday we had her sleepover party. She invited two girls from school and her cousin Briahna. I have to say that I felt like such a "MOM" hosting this party for her. It's hard to explain but the MOM in me really felt like she came out to play. Entertaining them, seeing them having so much fun. Realizing that I'm old!!!! :) I even got Martha Stewart on them and had them make a charm necklace to take home.



Here they're showing off the final results of their crafting.


I ended up not having enough time to frost the cake. But it all worked out because they enjoyed it so much to get to frost it themselves. They all took turns frosting it and getting frosting on eachother.




Then the dancing began. I love this picture, look at their moves! Thank goodness we have no tenants below us because if we did I'm sure they would've complained about the noise!!
 

And no sleepover is complete without a PILLOW FIGHT! Jaimito ofcourse got in on all the action. A little too much sometimes. We had to control his excitement a couple of times because he would drive the girls nuts.


All in all, I think it was a great Golden Birthday. I know the girls had fun and I had so much fun watching Natalie still enjoy the simple things of being a kid even though according to her friend she is now a pre-teen. Yeah okay, I had to shoot that one down fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment