Thursday, October 4, 2012

Joy Journal

I got a really cute idea from Parents magazine the other day. It's called a joy journal or smile diary and it said to ask your child what makes him or her happy and jot it down with the date. It said to ask them every so often the same question and as the entries add up it'll be a sweet read and nice memories. So I decided to try it with my kiddos.


Natalie Nicole
October 4, 2012
6 days before turning 10.

What makes you Happy? What makes you smile?

Church because it's God's house and I get to learn new stuff I never knew.
Being together as a family because we get to share our feelings and do stuff together.
My parents because I know that if I'm sad I can tell them what's wrong and trust them.
Ice cream especially chocolate ice cream.
The color green because it reminds me of nature.
Reading books cause it calms me down when I read them in my room.




Jaime David
October 4, 2012
3 1/2 years old.

What makes you HAPPY?

Pizza
Ghosts
Hot dogs they good.
Juevito (eggs)
Omi I like to play with him. (his cousin)
Ian (another cousin)
Toys like Spiderman and Avengers.
Baby in your belly.
School
Ms. Debbie my big teacher.
Doggies.


Disclaimer: This were exactly their own words! Might be too cute too handle.

1 comment: