Thursday, October 25, 2012

My first try at making a HOLIDAY WREATH!

Okay so after seeing so many different DIY wreaths on Pinterest I decided to finally try making my own. Believe it or not Pinterest can be intimidating. You see so many pins from so many talented and crafty people that it puts pressure on yourself to try to even replicate a little bit of their work. Especially when you're knew to all of this. But it's fun to finally start to make things and not just wish to make them.
 
I had a white foam wreath laying around since summer so I decided to work on a Fall/Thanksgiving wreath for my apartment door. I got some pretty ribbon at Dollar Tree, my favorite dollar store cause everything is actually a dollar. It was too see throughy (i know not a real word) so I worked my little brain and decided to kind of fold it as I went to double up on it so it would have more color.
 
Like so.


                                                     I used my handy dandy glue gun.


And ta da! Not too bad right? Well I almost ran out of ribbon. And since I didn't buy two, (don't ask me why) I didn't have enough to do the backside so yes if you look from the sides you can still see a little white, but it's okay.


I finished it off by gluing on some flowers I had bought. I was loving the sunflowers. I also added a tiny pumkin to the mix, so cute and tiney. Then I busted out my stamps and embossed the phrase "Give Thanks" and hung it on the wreath. I think it added a little something extra. I finished it off with some orange ribbon to hang it from and finish!

 
Not bad for my first wreath right? I actually liked it. It's nothing compared to some wreaths out there in the pinterest world but for little old me I think it was a great start! This is how it'll be looking on my red door!
 

I also had a vase that I had bought at a yard sale that I decided to make festive. I added some rocks I had bought at the dollar store too to the bottom of the vase. Then I added a mixture of acorns and tiny pumkins I had bought at Walmart. I then wrapped the little bit of ribbon that I had left from the wreath and added some sunflowers and this is what I got.




Can't wait til November to bust these out! So proud of my crafty self! Hahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment