Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Bat Treats.

First of all I want to give credit to the blog where I got this idea from. I had pinned it to my Holiday Ideas board on Pinterest and decided to try it. Here's the link to the original post: http://www.tonyastaab.com/2012/09/easy-halloween-treats-for-kids.html
 
I did do things a little different so here's my version:
 
This person actually went out and bought black pillow cases. I didn't, I collected all my empty paper towel and toilet rolls. Almost didn't get enough, so I recommend getting a head start collecting them if you need a lot. I then painted them black. I did notice that certain rolls became a little bit hard to work with once the paint dried but nothing too major.

I then enlisted the help from my hubby to make me some bat wings.


I then folded in one of the sides on the toilet roll and then stappled on the wings.


Added some candy to the inside of the tube and then folded the opening up. I didn't need any glue or anything to the folds. The tube actually is thick enough that the openings stay close on their own.

I then added some googly eyes. I wish I had a white gel pen to add some fangs to my little bat, maybe next time.


And Ta-da! Aren't they cute! I really hope they like them. Love that I actually made something I've pinned!

No comments:

Post a Comment