Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Date at the Shedd

I had been looking forward to this date for sooooo long and had been so excited about it! It was a gift from a lovely sister at my ward.

It turned out to be a wonderful date. It was a very windy, cloudy, and cool day but not even that was able to ruin my day.

Here are some pictures we took on our walk from the parking lot to the museum.

When we got there we had to wait for our tickets so we decided to go to the gift shop. There we found a very silly frog hat which we decided to try on!

Once we got in it was great. I have been to the Shedd many times from when I was a child in school to going on fieldtrips with my daughter but I had never enjoyed it so much like this day. It was like everything was new to me. I know I had seen these fish before yet I found so many new ones I felt like I hadn't seen before. Maybe it was because I didn't have the distraction of trying to keep 4 kids rounded up and not loosing one in the crowd or the fact that I was able to look at each single one without the crowd rushing me. But maybe it was because I was there with my David on a date that everything just seem so much better! I enjoyed it so much, I was so amazed at how many huge fishes there were. Like the one David tried to take a bite of! Hahahaha!
I loved the Wild Reef exhibition so much. Too bad we couldn't use a flash on the camera so the pictures didn't come out right. And as old as it can get, I still went looking for NEMO! lol!

We also got to touch some starfish! The water was super cold that I wasn't brave enough like David to really get my hand in there to touch the ones really in there.


Then we got to see a movie in 4D about some animals. At first we were a little skeptical on how it would be but it actually turned out to be pretty cool. They had real wind and fake snow and some squirts of water and even a poke on the back that really spooked us! It was hilarious.

After we left the Shedd we went to get something to eat and on the way back to the car we took some pictures.

This picture didn't quite turn out as we had planned. We wanted to make it look like David was holding up the city, you know those cheesy pictures, but it quite didn't work out!




























































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment