Monday, December 20, 2010

Natalie's Christmas Solo

Ahhhhh somebody help me and tell me why my videos won't upload to my blog. I wanted to post Natalie's video of her solo in her school Christmas program. I'm going to try to upload it to facebook so that you can see her. She was soooooo good. I have to admit I was nervous for her. I thought she would forget the words or maybe just get too scared to do it. But she sure proved me wrong. The story of how she decided to do this is kind of funny. See she's always talking about how she wants to be a singer, dancer, ect. Which I think all little girls want to be at one time or another. But she's super shy and she won't even sing a song for her grandparents. So I told her that if she wanted to be a singer she was going to have to stop being so shy and embarrased to perform in front of people. I thought that this would end her desires of such a career.

Then one day in December she came home and said she had great news. She said, "Mommy I auditioned to sing a solo for the upcoming Christmas program at school. Since you told me I had to stop being scared I decided I would do this. So I tried out and I was choosen." I couldn't believe it. I have to admit that I didn't expect her to take my advice. If she was anything like me than she would be trying to hide behind the big kid during the whole program.

But she did it. Not only did she do it, she did an awesome job! She was so confident and got through it smoothly and without any mistakes. She was the cutest one there! Hey I get to say that cause I'm her mom! She was the cutes most prettiest girl! I was so proud of her!
So I don't know what this means. She might be the next Selena Gomez (lol) or not. What I do know is that she took my advice, which that in itself is awesome, and she was brave enough to overcome her fears and do something that she set out to do. My little superstar!











No comments:

Post a Comment