Friday, July 9, 2010

Still a little girl!

Today I got a nice reminder that Natalie is still a little girl just like any other. I found her nicely setting up her stuff animals around the couch and she read to them and played with them.

Why am I so amazed by this? Well the funny thing is that Natalie has been watching scary and action filled movies since she was 1. Yes yes, not the best and brightest thing to do. Please no hate mail or mean comments!

Her first encounter was probably at 1 when we took her with us to see The Lord of the Rings. She pretty much slept through the whole thing. Then from there on she went with us to other movies and she was such a good baby. Sitting through them and watching them. Don't get me wrong we took her to Disney movies but those kinda bored her! She preferred her good old action flicks! Then as she got older she would watch scary movies with us at home like Signs or Aliens vrs Predators. And she never had or has had nightmares or any side effect from these movies. If you ask her what her favorite movie is she'll answer Resident Evil! LOL! And her recent favorite one is The Amityville Horror movie. I'm amazed at how much she loves scary movies. Now whenever we go out to get movies she always says, "Does it have zombies in it?" or "It better be a scary one!" I have to say that it's kinda awesome to have a kid who isn't easily scared and is braver than her 10 year old cousins! Don't get me wrong. I think I probably won't let Jaime get into the same habit but for now I kinda love the fact that she's so different!

So as I looked at her play, I marveled at the fact that this little 7 year old girl can go from watching Paranormal Activity to playing teacher with her stuffed animals! She's still my little girl!

P.S. Maybe some of you won't agree with me or are even outraged at this. But oh well, to bad for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment