Tuesday, July 6, 2010

First Blog Ever Starts with a 4th of July Bang!

I'm so excited to finally start my blog. I had been wanting to do this for awhile now and I finally got the nerve to do it. I love love love writing and I love journaling but I hadn't done either in awhile. I'm so excited to be able to do this blog and be able to preserve so many memories and events in my family's life and to be able to share it with friends and family. The thought of being able to keep a record of all the happy and not so happy times in my life excite me.

So here it goes. It starts off with a long holiday weekend! On Saturday my sister Claudia aka Ita had invited us over to help her set up her kid's new swing set! Now just so you know we had started it since Thursday and didn't get very far. Well it turn out to be more than what we bargained for. It was quite a site to see. The end result? Well after a full day of work until the sun went down, we still hadn't finished it and a few errors were made. Some they were able to fix, others unfortunately had to remain and they had to use some creative thinking. Such in the case of them having to end up putting the swings on the opposite side that they were intended to be because of the holes being on the wrong side! Ha ha ha ha! But sadly I still haven't been able to see the finish product!




I'll be sure to give you the end result as soon as I see it finished! Even though the project wasn't finished it was another awesome day were the family had an excuse to be together and EAT ofcourse. Being that from 4 children that my parents had we have 17 grandchildren, the get togethers are never dull! I love the fact that we can find any excuse to just hang out with each other, and don't get me wrong it gets hectic at times, but we just keep coming back for more.

Then Sunday once again we were over at my mom's house to eat MOLE! Mmmmmm! And rice pudding for dessert! Or should I say Arroz con Leche! Then at night we enjoyed some fireworks! It was a perfect holiday weekend! Here's some more pictures displaying all the fun we had!


2 comments:

  1. I feel so privileged to be the first commenter in history on the "Maki Speaks" blog. This is actually Ginger writing, not Ken. I had to use his gmail account because they don't allow lowly hotmail users to follow your blog. It's great to be able to visually experience your family get-togethers rather than just hear about them. I vow to try my best to be a loyal follower of your blog. I'm so impressed that you were able to put together such a professional-looking blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Maki tu blog esta de pelos!!! Yo siempre he dicho que tu deberias ser escritora or somthing like that. Hasta el profe...salio en las pictures..Los bebes estan muy lindos

    ReplyDelete