Thursday, April 26, 2012

Baking Soda Clay

I finally tried out a Pinterest project that I wanted to do with the kids. It was Baking Soda Clay. It's very simple to make. Here are the ingredients:

     1 cup corn starch
     2 cups baking soda
     1.25 cups cold water
     Non-stick pot
     Wooden spoon
     Med-large bowl
     Damp cloth, lid or plate

First combine ingredients in a pot and stir until smooth. Cook over low-medium flame, stirring constantly until mixture resembles mashed potatoes. Remove from heat and let it cool in a seperate cointainer covered with a damp towel and voila. Then let your imagination run. Allow to dry for about two days, depending on the thickness of your piece.

We decided to make our pieces into magnents as an activity after Family Home Evening. So we first used a glue gun to glue small round magnents to the back of our pieces and then we got to painting them.


And here are our final results. The easter egg look a like is mine, the green with flowers was made by the hubby and the rest are made by my daughter.


Here they are displayed on our fridge. Can you tell what's missing? Yup one of the magnents. I was so worried Jaimito would break them and then I'm the one who ends up breaking one of Natalie's, and as I type this there's actually another one missing. Yes, I'm ashamed to say I also broke the round one. I feel so bad but I accidently dropped them. Needless to say I'm being super careful with the ones that are left.

No comments:

Post a Comment