Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hand Made Cards

This past year I had made it a goal of mine to serve others more. To take a moment each week to think of people or members of my church who I can reach out to or help. Sometimes we can't do much or really big things because of our circumstances so it feels like we really aren't doing much. But I told myself that I should start by simply reaching out to people and trying hard to let them know they are cared for or noticed. I know when others have done the same for my family or me it really has meant a lot to me.
So what I had started to do was pray and meditate and let names of people come to my mind. I started calling them even though it felt awkward sometimes or even nerve wreaking. I mean here I was calling people out of the blue, people who I might not have even talked to in awhile or never before. Sometimes I didn't even know what to say but I did have some really nice experiences.

I then moved on to letters and cards. I have to say it has been my most successful work. I have had much success with this and my testimony has been strengthened by many wonderful experiences. I have made new friendships and have gained many new smiles that cheer my days.

The cards that I have been sending where are hand made. I had a stash of them that I had made in prior workshops. But I pretty much ran out of them and I knew I needed some for the coming month. So I busted out the supplies. I use to be a Stampin Up distributor so I have quite a few things to make them with. We have no space in our apartment so they are tucked away in the closets and other areas so busting out the materials is pretty tiring so I had to make sure to make a good bunch to hold me over until the next month or so.

Now I have said before that I love crafts and doing things but I'm not very good at it or very creative. They always end up looking like my 3 year old made them. So I was actually very pleased with my cards.

All the stamps where from sets I bought from Stampin Up. If you like any you might still be able to find them. I did use inspiration by looking at other cards on line and from the catalogue. So that's why I didn't add specific directions or products because my goal was just to inspire you guys and give you some ideas for you to make your own. Usually we just need a little inspirational push and then we create our own treasures!

So enough yapping, here are my cards that will hopefully brighten up some more people's days!  








No comments:

Post a Comment