Monday, April 9, 2012

Recipe Box

Now that we are not living with my parents anymore I actually have to cook everyday! LOL, that's something I miss from my mama! She cooked most of the time! :( So now I had to pull out all my recipes and look through my stacks of papers with sloppy recipes written on them. After getting some inspiration from Pinterest and some blogs I decided to bust out the craft supplies and make me a recipe box. I had been saving a red plastic cointainer that cost me $1 at Office Max just for this occassion. I was worried that like always my craft projects would end up looking really bad or like if Jaimito made it. But I think it came out pretty good!

First I went through all the recipes I had and decided if I should keep them or toss them. Some I hadn't tried in a long time, others I had never tried so off to the garbage they went.
 

So I busted out a stamp set I had with the cutest chef on it and used that to cut him out and added a platter and made it 3D with some sticky dots.




I typed my recipes out and cut them to fit some old flash cards I had. They actually belonged to my old index roller but I decided to recycle them into this project.

I also embossed the phrase Bon Appetit to put as a decoration.


As you can see I pretty much just used things I had around the house. I used this old divider papers from an old file cabinet thingy and used them to make the divisions for my recipe box. I kept it simple, chicken, meat, ect.

 I would've liked to paint the box a different color but it was plastic and didn't have the right tools to do it so I just cut out some yellow paper and some decorative paper to cover as much as I could. It had some weird indentations and grooves so I couldn't completely cover it nicely.


I also pasted the Bon Appetit with the dots to make it stand out.


This is what the top ended looking like. I added some heart and stripes detail so it wouldn't look too bland.

The stamp set had this cute cheese and grapes stamp that I used for the sides.
 This is the end result. Not professional looking but good enough for me. I was actually happy with my results.

Now it's sitting on top of the microwave and it even matches my towel holder thingy!

No comments:

Post a Comment