Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Cat in the Hat

So last Tuesday at a Relief Society activity I was introduced to my new found addiction. Knitting with a crocheting loom. I was given the basic instructions and send off with my loom and some rather unique yarn.

And OMG! This is so addicting. I prefer this 100% than traditional knitting. So I went hard to work on my new project wich was suppose to be a hat or beanie or whatever it's called. Supposedly I had been given the loom that would create a normal adult size hat. Well I was excited to make my new colorful hat and I couldn't wait to wear it.

Well I don't know if I did something wrong, if I did it too tight, or if I just did it too long but it didn't quite look right. Natalie said it looked like the Cat in the Hat's hat, another kid said it looked like a neck brace cover! LOL!

It was so tight and long that I decided that like Cinderella I would try to find the person who's head it would fit. Here where some of the lucky ones who got to try it on! Try not too laugh so hard!

We got my brother while he was napping! Didn't quite fit.

It fit Rebecca but by the look on her face she didn't quite like it!Jaime didn't like it either. Can you tell?David gave me the thumbs up on it! But I don't think it's quite his look!Rafael didn't seem to mind it too much but I don't think these colors quite go with him! And Daniel, well no comments here.And as much as this Cinderella wanted to wear her hat, she just can't quite pull this look off!
Maybe I'll have better luck with my next projects.


























5 comments:

  1. That hat is hilarious! Keep up the good work, but I'm not sure what poor person is going to be the recipient of your charitable creation. And two blog posts in one day!? I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! We have one of those looms - I believe I made a too small hat for kevin for christmas when we were dating. I can totally relate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Ginger, I think that hat will never find a brave soul who would wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maki you got to teach how to do that. I want to make a scarf for my self :)

    ReplyDelete