Thursday, March 15, 2012

Natalie's Chore Chart

I have to say that Natalie gets off pretty easy. I don't really have her help out with much. She does do her bed and pick up here and there but nothing official. It worries me though cause it's made her kind of lazy when we do ask her to help out.



So after awhile of looking at Pinterest for ideas and samples I came to the conclusion that it's better if I tried making my own since no one child is the same. Duh, right. So I'm not very computer savy so I wasn't sure what to do. We do thankfully have a new computer so it came with a lot more programs (which i don't know how to use, lol). So I opened up Microsoft Publisher and got to playing with it. Here is the result.




Yes I know the circles are off and crazy looking but it's okay, it's for my 9 year old. It's still not a lot for her to do but it's enough and what I need for her to help out. I'm hoping this will help us with the struggle to get her to do things she should do without needing us to tell her over and over and having tantrums over not wanting to do them.

I still need to laminate this so that I can re use it over and over instead of printing over and over. Hopefully this will give her some structure and maybe make it fun for her. I'll make sure to let you know how it goes. I'm going to maybe think of rewards or allowance to give her if she does her chores but I don't want to make it an expected thing cause I don't like the thought of her expecting something all the time for doing something she should be doing.

So if I was able to make this anyone can. Just play around with your computer and I'm sure you'll discover something that'll work. I also want to point out that I titled it "Natalie's To Do List" instead of chore list because I thought the word CHORE in itself makes kids (and even adults) cringe. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any ideas of your own.


No comments:

Post a Comment