Friday, February 24, 2012

New Calling!

Well I've received a new calling, Primary Secretary.

I have to admit that being the very imperfect person that I am I was kind of upset when the bishop told me last minute that I would be released from my 2nd Counselor in the Y.W. calling. I didn't understand why, it seemed so soon, like we were barely getting the grove of things.

Then the next week he told me what my new calling would be. I was pretty surprised. Wasn't expecting that. But I have to say that I now truly do believe that H.F. works in mysterious ways. Many people think that working with the primary is a lesser calling, and especially being secretary. In my own life I've come to learn that this is far from the truth. The primary is super important, it's the place that helps our little ones to learn to love the gospel.

I'm so excited because I'm going to be able to help out in every aspect of the primary. I've been a primary teacher before, for the 5 & 6 year olds and it was a wonderful experience. But now I'll be able to help in whatever I'm needed, not just to take attendance.

I have truly learned to take and love every calling I've received. It really is an opportunity to share and grow your talents and to serve others and the Lord. Yes, it may be hard at times. I've had my share of hardships and low moments in my callings, but I've refused to give in to the adversary and I have come out shining on the other side. I can't wait to get started! I know that callings bring tons of blessings to others and especially for us and our families if we strive to give it our all.

No comments:

Post a Comment