Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Third grade here we come.

We were very excited on Tuesday night to get ready for the first day of school. I had told Natalie multiple times that her bed time would go back into effect and that she needed to be well rested. Unfortunately I think that I drilled that too much into her head that it stressed her out and as a result she couldn't fall asleep and kept worrying about waking up tired. We cleaned her room and she found this. It did help a little bit cause after much tossing and turning she fell asleep.


She did fall asleep pretty late so she woke up a little bit tired. I tried to make this day as special as possible for both of us. I made her pancakes for breakfast and then we got her all ready. This year they have to wear uniforms. I don't like that but I kinda like that it's red with blue and not the usual white with blue.


And for her hair, we had been deliberating all week, we decided to go with a side ponytail with a hair clip on it. Very chic and pretty I think!
Here she is with her new bookbag given to her by her Aunt Maria. It's funny though, cause I think the bookbag is bigger than her.
Here we bumped into our neighbors who were also celebrating the first day of school with pictures and family. So we took advantage and also snapped some pictures with them. The boy next to her is her buddy Lewis who once again is in her class this year. Here they are again. Hahaha so stiff next to eachother for the picture.

At the bus stop she let her silly side out. I was surprised how loving and happy she was with me to be there with her at the stop. Last year I never really walked her to the bus because Jaime would wake up really early and cry so I couldn't walk her to the bus. But this year he sleeps later so I told her I would be walking her to the stop and her reply was "WHY?" I said BECAUSE! And she kept saying WHY? I said are you embarrased of me? She said No but that then she would have to stand there without playing tag. I told her she could still play but that I would still have to go. Hahaha! So I was pretty surprised when she was happy about me being there. And she even asked me to please keep going and she loved our whole morning routine! Ah those words brought a big old smile to my face and warm fuzzy feelings in my heart!



Jaimito and me went to pick her up at the bus stop after school. We walked home and sat on the steps and talked about her day. She told me all about it and it was just the perfect ending to her first day of school!












































































No comments:

Post a Comment