Saturday, January 16, 2016

1 Year Anniversary

I'm not one to visit cemeteries, because I know where my gramma's spirit is and that I can talk to her or remember her anywhere and anytime. But today on her birthday, one year after her passing, I felt the desire to go and visit her grave. As the worker cleaned her stone and the words started peeking through the snow we started to see the outline of the Salt Lake temple. My heart was full. A constant reminder of her love for.the temple. My abuela was not perfect, but one thing is true. She was a great example of a faithful latter day saint. A single mother who received and accepted the gospel. Not only accepted it but lived it and never fell away from her faith. Thanks to her generations have been and will be blessed. She knew her Heavenly Father lived, she knew Jesus was her redeemer and that the gospel was true. She valued the covenants she had made and loved the temple. She attended it even in her last days no matter how sick she was. And I hope she can see and feel the gratefulness I feel for her great example that I hope to be able to follow.



No comments:

Post a Comment