Monday, February 18, 2013

Sophia's touching blessing.


Sophia's blessing was this month. I have to admit that for awhile I didn't understand why the blessing was such a big deal. I barely remember Natalie's blessing, and Jaimito's was done by my brother and not David. So it just seem not important.

So the Sunday of the blessing came and we went to church. David's family came to our ward and brought her this dress. I have to say it looked quite silly on her. Still she was cute. As we sat on the bench in sacrament waiting for the moment of the blessing I was still just going with the flow. I was also trying to entertain Jaime so he wouldn't make noise.

Then the Bishop said it was time for the blessing and I handed Sophia over to David. I have to say it was quite nice seeing all the family and friends that got up to participate in the blessing circle. So many people that love us. David started to pray and I have to say my mind wasn't there, I was trying to keep Jaime quiet. But then this overwhelming feeling came over me that literally made me stop and listen to David's words. As I payed attention to his words I realized everyone around me was tearing up and so was David. He was crying uncontrolably as he tried to continue with the blessing. His words were so beautiful. He thanked her for trusting us as her parents. He told her that the hands that were holding her today were the hands of the people that would help guide her in her journey here on earth, and many more wonderful words. But most importantly the spirit that was in that room was so strong. At that moment I knew how special it was for a father to have the opportunity to bless their child. I will never forget what I felt as I saw David hold is baby girl and kiss her and introduce her to the congregation with tears in his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment