Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow days!

Well I really thought that we were going to skip by winter without having any real harsh weather. Well boy was I wrong. This past Wednesday we had what is now being called the third really heavy Blizzard Chicago has had. So you know what that meant! SNOW DAYS! NO SCHOOL AND NO WORK! David didn't go to work Wednesday and Thursday and Natalie had the whole rest of the week off!

I really wanted to go out during the blizzard. We were waiting for the kids to fall asleep but then we got sleepy too! hahaha, we're old!
But we made sure to go out the next day and shovel. There was tons and tons of snow! So fun!
Of course we couldn't pass up rolling around in the snow.

Natalie was enjoying herself so much, Jaimito not as much. I think he didn't know what all this white stuff was and he was surprisingly shy!

The backyard looked like a winter wonderland. I almost didn't want to disturb the white blanket by shoveling!




I don't know who had more fun, my dad or the kids!


Then Thursday we finally ventured out and this is what every parking lot looked like! Mountains and mountains of snow!


I love a good blizzard especially because of the days off!
























































No comments:

Post a Comment