Tuesday, February 24, 2015

It Has Begun

Well it finally happened. My pre-teen got her first Valentine's gift from a boy. She received a rose in school from a secret admirer. Well she knows who it is though.
 

Not only that but she had her first real Valentine's dance. She actually wore a dress and let me doll her up.


I had mixed feelings. It was fun getting to doll her up and pick out her outfit. Doing her hair and a little bit of make up. She looked beautiful.


But then I felt emotional seeing her take her first steps to being a teenager. Having admirers and seeing her react like such a lady. Seeing her getting excited to get all dressed up. She's definitely not a little girl anymore and that really brings some tears to my eyes. But I also have happy tears seeing that all our hard work is paying off. She truly is a good girl that we can trust. And I know she will walk into teenage-hood (is that a word?) with confidence and the tools to make good decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment