Sunday, December 23, 2012

Babyshower

Yesterday was my babyshower! I was so excited. I've been lucky enough to have had a shower for each of my kids. Each has been different and special in their own way. For Natalie, I had a HUGE shower. Tons of people came and it was so exciting to celebrate my first baby.
 
Then with Jaimito, we actually had the shower after he was already born since he came 4 weeks early. It was a much smaller and simple shower but you could feel the love and kidness everyone had for the baby and me!
 
And now it was my little Sophia's turn.

It was a little last minute since we were waiting to find out what we where having to then have the shower. But as soon as we found out it was a little girl we started planning. Unfortunately because of the last minute and the holiday rush not a lot of people could make it. BUT with the company of the ones who did make it, it was a super fun time!


We had cupcakes and special Hershey bars.


I loved the cake. It was so cute. At first we were thinking of pink and brown for the color scheme but it ended up being green and pink, which was perfect because green is my favorite color.


I actually made the center pieces and was lucky enough to find a bouquet with green and white flowers. I loved the way they came out.


The games where so silly. The bottle drinking race was hilarious and I can't believe I actually won. Poor babies I don't know how they do it cause it was tiring. Especially since we had newborn size bottles.


Then we had a new game where we saw how many clothes pins we could hold in our hand while we had a baby on the other hip. The winner was my sister in law with 22.


And ofcourse we couldn't leave out the famous "guess her belly size" game.


Then they blew up a balloon and put it in their shirts and then tried to tie their shoes. Just like us preggar woman have too. Not too easy.


Then it was gift time! My favorite. Sophia got lots of cute monkey theme clothes and super soft blankets.



The cake was super yummy. I almost didn't want to cut it, it was so cute.


Especially the tiny little candy baby.


Now all there is left to do is have this little girl! Can't wait to meet my little Sophia Abigail Mendez!

No comments:

Post a Comment