Thursday, November 10, 2011

Integrity - Goal #2

As I asked myself the questions in goal #2 of Integrity I realized I was failing almost all of them.

Do I avoid gossip, innapropriate jokes, cussing, and making light of sacred things? Am I completely truthful, moraly clean, honest, worthy of trust in my studyies and other activities?

I realize that I have a lot to change, a lot to progress, a lot to do. I'm so thankful that I am able to serve in the Young Woman presidency because it has given me motivation to work harder to live rigthously and to have the help of the Young Woman Personal Progress.

As I went over these questions I realized that I am not living with Integrity. I really want to try harder to break my bad habits that make me not worthy of answering these questions without guilt. I really want to focus on not gossiping as much as I do. It's sad but it's a habit that is deeply woven into my daily living. I easily critize others and in turn gossip about them. I really need to learn to keep somethings to myself, even if I think I'm right I need to just stay quite. I know it's going to be super hard, but I'm going to try to remember my goal wheneve I'm tempted. And I will try to pray whenever I'm in a situation where I might gossip, even if it's just a prayer in my mind but I will ask for strength to overcome this temptation.

I also need to work hard at not laughing or joining in on innapropriate jokes or taking sacred matters lightly. It's a habit I picked up when I became inactive and I haven't been able to quite rid of myself of this habit. I will try very hard to remember that such things are an abomination to my Heavenly Father. I need to remember my goal and the type of person I want to become.

I need to have true faith and not have one ounce of doubt that I can do this. I need to truly believe that through my effort and Heavenly Father on my side I can overcome these flaws of mine. Perfection will not be reached in this life, but I know that I can make it so that I can be more good than bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment