Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Young Woman Personal Progress

I never finished my Young Woman's Personal Progress and I had never really thought about finishing it now. But ever since I've been working with the Young Woman I've been motivated to work on it.

For some reason is seems like such a hard thing to do. I remember that as a youth it was hard for me to work on the goals. Like our girls, I would too, look for the easiest ones that only required to read a scripture and write in your diary. Sadly now, I find myself doing the same thing. Our Y.W. president keeps telling them that it's such an easy thing to do that they should be working on it easily. But I can relate to the girls so much. I mean it should be an easy thing to do, to live the gospel. If we're living the gospel than the goals should be easy to complete. BUT just as in my youth, I find myself not being able to commit to the goals. They require a committment, they require a desire to truly live the gospel in every aspect. That's why this program is so important. So important that we help our youth follow through with it with our support. Because if I choose to actually do these goals they'll help me break bad habits and form good ones. It requires me too choose today "to whom I'll serve". And it's sad that many times I skip over a goal because it requires me to do more than just sit here, say I believe in Christ but not truly live Christlike. Maybe if I would've had more support in my youth to actually try to do my Personal Progress and I would've put more effort into it, maybe just maybe, I would've made better decisions or atleast had some "personal progress".

But now I'm here, in present time. I look at this book and realize that there should be a Adult Woman Personal Progress!!! I realize that I need this just as much as I needed it when I was 15. Can I finally choose to push myself to truly make changes to live more Christlike? Can I finish my Personal Progress?

Well I start today. After reading the scriptures required for the first goal in Virtue, I will now write my thoughts in my "journal".

I now realize the blessing I could've received if I would've worked harder to be a woman full of Virtue. But now that I'm married, I realize that I can still try to be a woman of Virtue. Sadly in the past I have failed at this again and again. The temptations of the world can sometimes be more alluring when our spirits are weak. But I need to focus in the present and realize that through God's grace it's never to late to live virtuously. As I read Proverbs 31:10-31 I realized that to be a Virtouse woman is not just refering to being sexually clean but that it encompasses a lot more. Being a good wife and mother, being worthy of our husband's love. Always speaking kind words, being ready to always lend a helping hand. So many other traits that I thought of as I read these scriptures. I hope that as I strive to be brave and complete my Y.W. goals I can truly make progress in the way I live my life. I hope that I can be a good example to my daughter as she prepares to one day also be in Y.W. I hope that I can one day give her the right support and motivation so that she can accomplish her Y.W. goals and hopefully have life learning moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment